Local Kansas Pastors Join Together to Share Message of Hope through “ JESUS” film this Palm Sunday

Kiowa County Ministerial Alliance remembers 10-year anniversary of devastating tornado in Greensburg, Kansas

ORLANDO, Fla., April 6, 2017 – Nearly a decade ago, the town of Greensburg, Kansas, was destroyed by an EF5 tornado almost two miles wide and with winds up to 205 miles per hour. The twister destroyed more than 95 percent of the town and the remaining 5 percent was seriously damaged. Thirteen people were killed and more than 60 others were injured. As the town is nearing its ten-year anniversary of this devastation, the Kiowa County Ministerial Alliance has joined together to give hope to the still-recovering town of Greensburg, by putting on a free showing of the “JESUS” film.

“JESUS,” which was originally released 1979, has been officially recognized by The Guinness Book of World Records as the “Most Translated Film” in history, and is now available in more than 1500 languages. In addition, more than 200 million individuals worldwide have indicated a decision to follow Jesus after viewing the “JESUS” film.

“We are excited to share this message of hope with the town of Greensburg, stated Pastor Terry Mayhew of First United Methodist Church of Greensburg. “We are encouraging participating churches to bring their members and those seeking answers about life to join in this celebration of life.”

Along with the First United Methodist Church of Greensburg, some of the additional churches participating in this weekend’s event include: Greensburg Mennonite Church, Lighthouse Worship Center Assemblies of God, Greensburg Christian Church and St. Joseph Catholic Church.

“JESUS” will be shown at the Twilight Theatre in Greensburg on Sunday, April 9th, at 6:30 P.M., which is Palm Sunday, the Sunday prior to Easter. Palm Sunday is the day when Jesus rode into Jerusalem and was heralded as the Messiah.

“We hope that by our churches coming together, we are showing the town of Greensburg and the entire state of Kansas, that as the body of Christ we will come together to celebrate the new life that is happening in Greensburg,” stated Pastor Mayhew. “We will also help them in their continued pursuit of re-building what was taken 10 years ago and keep moving forward with new determination and hope. “

The “JESUS” film was envisioned by Bill Bright, co-founder of Cru, and was produced in cooperation with The Genesis Project. “JESUS” is the most watched film according to ‘Guinness Book of World Records’ and will soon be available in 1500 languages with the latest translation in Daasanach, which is currently in production. Jesus Film Project continues to carry out Bright’s vision of showing this film to people in every country of the world. For more information on the Jesus Film Project, go to http://www.jesusfilm.org.